Indiana Members Credit Union
“Our satisfaction with Cannon IV began with maintenance. When you purchase from many of the vendors all you get is the manufacturer’s maintenance plan, but with Cannon IV you get much more. We’re very pleased with their commitment to providing local support and would be happy to bid them again!”
Indiana Members Credit Union was established as Indiana University Medical Center Federal Credit Union, in 1956 by employees of the Indiana University Medical Center, on what is today’s IUPUI Campus. Still headquartered in Indianapolis, IMCU has grown to become the largest credit union in Central Indiana, offering 26 full-service branches and serving over 125,000 members.
When it comes to providing banking and financial services, IMCU focuses on “Keeping It Simple.” Behind the scenes, Didi Dunagin, Vice President of Information Systems, and her IS team also strive to keep things simple—by making sure that the information technology and communications that enable IMCU’s convenient online, phone, ATM, and branch services are always up and running smoothly.
As it grew over the years, IMCU, which now has $1.3 billion dollars in assets, acquired a mix of printing and imaging technologies. The equipment included back-office and desktop printers, copiers, fax machines, and scanners—as well as receipt printers at every teller station and MICR (Magnetic Ink Character Recognition) check printers in every branch.
Besides the high costs of maintaining, servicing, and supplying different technologies, printing and imaging problems were cutting into both business and IS productivity. Whenever a department needed more toner or equipment malfunctioned in a branch, IS got the call. Overall, the objective was to reduce printing and imaging expenses.
Jeff Jones, IMCU member and vice president of sales at Indianapolis-based Cannon IV, approached Dunagin with an offer to assess the credit union’s printing and imaging environment. Jones applied Cannon IV’s proven print assessment methodology including software that measures actual page counts to help IMCU identify ways that they could save time and money on their printing through standardization, consolidation and more efficient management.
- Assess current equipment, usage, and requirements in all departments and branches
- Eliminate the need for multiple types of equipment (printers, copiers, scanners, fax machines) with HP Multifunction Printers
- Replace expensive-to-maintain color printer in
marketingdepartment with a considerably more reliable Toshiba model
- Provide a single, expert and responsive source of service and supplies for all new and legacy print equipment
OUTCOME AND KEY BENEFITS
With managed print services from Cannon IV, IMCU was able to reduce its printing expenses by almost 30 percent. With the Cannon IV maintenance plan, IMCU reduced monthly expenses by $2,300. Bottom-line, the Cannon IV per-page managed print services solution will save IMCU nearly $75,000 over the following three years.
- Reduced monthly printing and imaging expenses by nearly 30%
- Delivered bottom-line savings of $75,000 over 2.5 years
- Reduction in energy consumption for print devices through both consolidation and better energy efficiency
- Recovered valuable space in branch locations
- Reduced time spent on printer management by both business and IS.