What Is vCIO, and Is it Valuable to Your Company?
The vCIO collaborates with and advises IT departments and performs the same functions as a conventional CIO. Those duties include formulating strategic IT goals, planning the IT budget, analyzing and reworking business processes and facilitating technology changes. The vCIO can help you maintain your IT infrastructure — keeping the lights on — but can also provide more-forward looking services. For example, a vCIO can work with customers to plan a technology roadmap, identify opportunities to use new technology tools. The main difference between the vCIO function and other technical advisory services is that the vCIO takes a broader view, focusing on your business and IT alignment.
Included within the Fully Managed IT Services plan, our vCIO serves as an extension of your company and offers assistance in the following areas:
- Analyze the IT environment to identify opportunities for improvement; suggest solutions that can help your company stay aligned with security standards and industry best practices.
- Offer all-inclusive support by working round the clock to provide expert advice and valuable decision-making inputs.
- Lower operating costs for your company by offering the same service as that of an on-staff CIO, but virtually.
- Help you form a predictable IT budget through strategic planning.
- Understand the current and future IT needs of TEC and communicate that information to you, preventing wastage of time and resources.
- Reduce the risk of system failures, decrease downtime, and increase productivity for your client by offering a range of services such as cloud computing and security, data security, disaster recovery, backup plans, etc.
Interested in Learning More
Are you interested in what a true vCIO would look like for your business.